Yesterday's Breakfast

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Weird Southern Breakfast

SUNDAY:
The plan was to get a FlexCar and go for a drive. We got a free membership, and we have to use it at least once each before New Year's. So we went out for a walk to get a very late breakfast (1:00 pm) at Kornblat's Deli, and on the way there, it started to snow. Of course, we also saw your basic, standard model idiot on the way there: a woman wearing a parka and flip-flops!

So, anyway, enough ranting about idiots. Breakfast was -- ME: Corned Beef Hash with two scrambled eggs on the side. The meal came with a bagel, which I gave to the G.F., and she supplemented that with two eggs over soft. She let me have a bite of the poppy seed bagel, and it was stellar. Just crispy enough on the outside to let you know it had been toasted, still warm, topped with cream cheese.

YESTERDAY:
I forget what I had for breakfast yesterday.

TODAY:
I used to have a roommate who was from Arkansas, and he would sometimes eat leftover cornbread for breakfast. What you do is break it up into spoon-sized chunks, put it in a bowl, pour milk over it and eat it as breakfast cereal. I did that today. The cornbread was a little too cake-y for my taste, too sweet.

What did the G.F. have today? Oh yeah, some of that Greek yogurt they sell at Trader Joe's. Strawberry, and she left the honey-flavored one for me.

I totally forgot to mention that a couple breakfasts ago, I had cinnamon toast. MMMM, that's good. I even put cinnamon and sugar in its own shaker so I can have it whenever the mood strikes me.

FUTURE BREAKFASTS:
The G.F. and I will be visiting my parents in SoCal in January; my mom is already planning to make Dutch Babies for the G.F. Planning breakfasts way in advance runs in my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home